I am an Army Sergeant Combat Correspondent. I served a tour in Afghanistan from Feb 09 to Feb 10 as part of the 4th Brigade 25th Infantry Division (Airborne). I am currently a CC at the US Army Pacific headquarters at Ft. Shafter, Hawaii. I was the 2009 DOD Military Videographer of the year and have been nominated for two Emmy's for documentaries I made while in Afghanistan.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Australian Humanitarian Aid Conference - PAMS XXXVI


So I took an adventure to Canberra, Australia which is the capitol of Oz. My mission was being the videographer of PAMS XXXVI. Pacific Armies Management Seminar XXXVI (PAMS) is an annual conference where leaders from Pacific armies discuss security and stability. This year's exercise focused on humanitarian aid and disaster relief. I had a great time videoing the conference and experiencing the rich culture and history of this amazing country. After my week in Canberra I met my wife in Sydney and we spent 3 days there then flew up to Cairns for 5 days. We explored the Daintree Rainforest and dove the Great Barrier Reef (See some of the pics from our trip below). 

I shot this video entirely on the Canon C300. And those kangaroo shots at the end were not stock footage. We ventured up a large hill covered in roo poo and we still had our dress uniforms on because we didn't get a chance to change but it was worth it!

Shot and Produced by SSG Robert Ham
Music by E.S. Posthumus (used with permission)




Sydney

Me, the Go Pro, and the Great Barrier Reef 



2 comments:

Crystal said...

Really really good..personal opinion but I like this one the best so far..clarity and informative!!

Jorge Ramiro said...

Sidney is lovely, I have been there once and I love the place. I work in For Rent Argentina and we have some apartments also there. :)