I am an Army Sergeant Combat Correspondent. I served a tour in Afghanistan from Feb 09 to Feb 10 as part of the 4th Brigade 25th Infantry Division (Airborne). I am currently a CC at the US Army Pacific headquarters at Ft. Shafter, Hawaii. I was the 2009 DOD Military Videographer of the year and have been nominated for two Emmy's for documentaries I made while in Afghanistan.

Friday, March 18, 2011

A couple of new awards brings more attention to the real Heroes

Yesterday was the DOD Military Videographer of the Year competition and I received 1st place in "Best Field Production" for the "Cost of the Silver Star" story and 1st place for "Best Documentary" for my "Training with the Special Forces." I also was the runner-up for the Videographer of the Year. I'm honored by these awards but am excited to bring more audiences to these types of stories. I really admire the soldiers I do stories on and want more people to see them. If me getting awards opens my videos to more audiences than that's the real reward.

Here's my link to the Silver Star blog entry and video. If you haven't watched it you should. Not because I made it but because this soldier is a hero.

2 comments:

daniel said...

Congratulations on the accolades. You've been blessed with an amazing talent! I can't wait to see what is in store for you.

Sometimes I Do (+-not) Smile said...

That's so awesome! My hubbie and I want to see it. Is there a link on your FB?